LIMITS: FROM ROGERDALE RD TO OSAGE ST
WBS No. N-T02001-0001-4
The Bellaire Boulevard Reconstruction Project is a joint project between the Southwest Houston Redevelopment Authority (SHRA) and the City of Houston (COH). The SHRA was responsible for the design of the project. The COH will be responsible for the construction of the project. The project will consist of several types of improvements along the Bellaire Boulevard corridor from Rogerdale Road to Osage Road. Below is a summary of the different types of improvements and upgrades that will be constructed with this project.
- Rebuild the roadway
- Dedicated left turn lanes
- Addition of one westbound lane to the roadway
- Dedicated turn lanes at Beltway 8 frontage roads
Underground Utility Improvements
- Install new storm sewer system to increase the Existing Storm Sewer System
- Replace Existing Water Lines and services
- Replace Existing Wastewater Lines and services
Hardscape and Landscape Improvements
Replace old sidewalks with new concrete sidewalks with paver insets
- Over 250 Trees Planted
- Traffic Signal Planter Rings
- Planter Walls
- Irrigation Systems
- Planter Pots
- Street Lights
Traffic Management Improvements
- Install new Traffic Signals with Pedestrian communications
- Beltway 8 northbound and southbound frontage roads
- Pella Dr.
- Corporate Dr.
- Ranchester Dr.
- Gessner Rd.
- Mary Bates Blvd
- Harbor Town Dr.
- Special Street Signs for SHRA/GSMD
WATER AND SEWER = $4.2 M
DRAINAGE = $3.1 M
ROADWAY = $5.7 M
LANDSCAPE/HARDSCAPE = $2.4 M
OTHER GENERAL ITEMS = $6.5 M
(Removal of structures, Traffic/Ped Signals, HCTRA Fiber)
TOTAL CONSTRUCTION COSTS = $21.9 M
CONST. MGMT AND OTHER COSTS = $3.1 M
TOTAL ALL PROJECT COSTS = $ 25.0 M
Sequence of Construction (730 calendar days)
- Private Utility Relocations (Almost Complete)
- Temporary Roadway
- Underground Utilities
- Paving and Traffic Signals
- Landscape and Hardscape
- Restoration and Cleanup
Project Estimated Construction Schedule
- September 2012 => Begin Project Construction
- From September 2012 to December 2012 => Improvements to Beltway 8 frontage roads and construction of temporary asphalt pavement in the current median (for future use) will be completed.
- From February 19, 2013 to July 2013 => Reconstruction of Bellaire Blvd eastbound lanes and installation of some segments of proposed underground utilities (storm water, water distribution lines and wastewater collection lines) will be completed.
- From August 2013 to December 2013 => Reconstruction of Bellaire Blvd westbound lanes, including the addition of the 4th westbound lane and installation of remaining segments of proposed underground utilities (storm water, water distribution lines and wastewater collection lines) will be completed.
- From January 2014 to September 2014 => Installation of hardscaping elements, landscaping elements and other miscellaneous items throughout the project limits will be completed.
- September 2014 => End Project Construction
Note: The contractor, Total Contracting, will work as planned through the holiday season. They will be off on Christmas Eve (Dec. 24), Christmas (Dec. 25), and New Year’s Day (Jan. 1).
During this period, the Contractor is required to
- Open all lanes of traffic with temporary pavement
- Open all sidewalks
- Place temporary traffic signals where required
- Remove all traffic control devices, equipment and materials
- Clean up the area
Access During Construction
- Major intersection access are maintained at all times with reduced lanes and temporary traffic signals
- Alternate side streets will be closed with detours to the next nearest side street access
- Driveway access to be maintained at all times if possible. Any driveway closures for construction will be coordinated with the property owner a minimum of 7 days prior to closure.
- Use of off-duty peace officers and certified flaggers, especially at schools
Project Construction Contact Information
For routine/non-emergency issues, the public is urged to contact the City of Houston using the following options:
- Houston 311 hotline (Dial 311 for City’s non-emerigency department directory and self-service city request line)
- Houston 311 website
City Council District Members – City of Houston
|City Council District F:||Al Hoang||832-393-3002 (o)|
|City Council District J:||Mike Laster||832-393-3015 (o)|
Contractor Representatives – Total Contracting Limited
|Project Manager:||Moises Ayala||832-262-0221 (c)|
|Project Superintendent:||Luke Morganti||832-265-7470 (c)|
|Superintendent:||Jose Diaz||832-265-7434 (c)|
|Community Liaison:||Yuzhen Liang||832-955-8608 (c)|
City Representatives – City of Houston
|Project Manager:||Jody Craze||832-395-2392 (o)|
|Senior Inspector:||Mike Beezley||281-217-3446 (c)|
|Inspector:||Jerry Morgan||713-876-6315 (c)|
|Inspector:||Art Becker||713-562-3942 (c)|